Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas!

Well... tomorrow's Christmas! =D I'm quite excited.
The Christmas Eve service tonight was wonderful. I loved all the music, everybody did a great job.
Dad came a little after we got home. Matt S., Steve and amazingly all of our family is here. =) Shocking to have us all in one place. We each opened one gift tonight as is customary in our family. Sharon got a phone from Morgan. She was tickled to death.lol Joe got the Spider-Man trilogy from Morgan. =D We are all excited about that, we're watching the third one now. Morgan got a really pretty silver bracelet from Mom. Dad got a Pac-Man game thing from us. He was playing it a while ago and I must say everyone in the living room was very into the game. Mom didn't open anything. =( She's gonna wait till tomorrow. I got all four Love Come Softly movies from Mom!! I haven't seen the fourth one, but I did see most of the first and second and all of the third, they are wonderful! I highly recommend them to girls... I'm not sure if guys would appreciate them as much.lol
Tomorrow we plan on getting up rather early. Dad's coming around 7, and glory hallelujah, Steve is, most likely coming earlier than that. Joy. Sharon is more excited than any of us I think. =P
Hope you all have a completely wonderful and joyous, very Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

Janie said...

For your sake, I won't slam the Love Come Softly movies, and talk about how they totaly murdered the books when it comes to down to that(not that the movies are bad, they are really good, just reading the books and then watching the movies, I'm not going to saw ny mor on the subject, sis would kill me). Sounds like you are having a great Christmas


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

AlreadyButNotYetResurrectedFallenMan said...

Merry Christmas!!!
I would say that this is a great post except for the lie about where you said everybody did a great job in the Christmas Eve service...
I'm glad your having a great Christmas!

Randomanda said...

Merry Christmas!
lol...yeah, don't get Bethany started about the Love Comes Softly movies...I personally love them, but you wouldn't want to hear what Bethy has to say...

Daddy's lil girl said...

I can't believe you don't like the Love Comes Softly series Bethany! Amanda, you and I will just have to plan another marathon sleepover. =)

Colin said...

Hannah, here is a rough recording of the Christmas medley that I played on my classical guitar for our church's Christmas program, as I mentioned today, if you are interested. :-)

Colin

http://www.mediamax.com/lightbrigade88/Hosted/Christmas%20Medley.mp3

Daddy's lil girl said...

Hey Colin, thanks for the link. That was really good!! I love Oh come, Oh come Emmanuel, and Oh come all ye faithful, and we have a lot of good memories about God rest ye merry gentlemen.(Ask Sharon to sing it sometime;) Oh holy night IS my favorite Christmas carol! =D
Let me know when you get both guitars in there....
and... do you give lessons?

Hannah

Colin said...

Ha, just saw this. Well, thanks, and glad you liked it. :-)

Lessons...I haven't. Honestly, I'm not sure I could teach much beyond the basics (technique and basic music theory), esp. as I almost always play by ear on the guitar. I can read music, but don't do it much on guitar, and that's what I would want to teach. Basically, we could get together with Michael and jam sometime, and I could teach you some stuff, but I wouldn't call them lessons. :-) However, Dietze Music in Bellevue gives lessons, from classical to blues, and I'm pretty sure in rock, as well. If I remember correctly, it's $17 dollars for a half-hour lesson there, and it's located on Cornhusker, just across from Menards.

Well, the reason I came over here was to tell you that I now DO have a blog at lightbrigade88.blogspot.com :-)