Tuesday, April 1, 2008

for you Ms. MaryAnn

Busy weekend last week. But it was awesome!
Friday night we had a surprise birthday party for Madeline(spelling?). It was great to see her shocked face when she walked into the kitchen of her house and saw everyone jump out shouting 'Surprise!!' 'Twas terrific. We played games, some were difficult. One knowledge game Madeline and I were on a team and Mrs. MaryAnn asked us questions. Of course we dominated! lol It was great. We made a good team. A little later we played flashlight tag and sardines with everyone(except the moms) outside. That was a blast! Chant was my little buddy for the evening. I love that kid. During one game of sardines the only people left were Sharon, Maddie Knipp and Isabelle. We decided to have a little fun with them. Colin howled and I wish you could have heard those girls scream... it was hilarious!! Love you Muffin! lol That was most definitely the highlight of the night. We got home around midnight and I was plum tired.
Saturday I woke up at noon(ahhh sleeping in!) and cleaned the house for 3 hours. In the afternoon Sara came over to practice for Singspiration and to watch Extreme Days and spend the night. Practice went well, and it was pretty funny too. Sara liked Extreme Days, how could you not?! That night we just hung out. At 9 we popped in Love Comes Softly. She loved it and when we were going to bed(haha) at 11:30, we put in the second one to fall asleep. But Willie was just SOOOO cute, it was impossible to fall asleep with a movie he's in!! Especially since Sara and I were raving the whole time about how gorgeous he was.lol Good times Sara! She wanted to watch the next one.lol Well, it was like 1:45, and we had to be at church early the next morning to sing in praise team. Regardlessm, we put the third one in too.lol I fell asleep in the middle of it, but Sara watched the whole thing. Surprisingly we had voices the next morning! =D
Sunday was great. Sat night Morgan was practicing for offertory and Sara, Morgan and I just started singing. All our voices flowed so wonderfully, we decided to do the special for offertory. It sounded pretty good if I do say so myself. The sermon was great as always.
After church Matt, Morgan, Steve and I went out for our traditional Sunday lunch. Red Robin was the place. 'Twas very good. Then Morgan and I went into Ulta, the new makeup store in Shadow Lake, while the boys went to Borders. Then all of us headed over to Penny's. Fun stuff! We had to come home after that because Morgan and Steve had to practice for that night. Unfortunately, we all car pulled with Morgan, so Matt had to stay there when he wanted pie.lol When Morgan and Steve were done, Morgan and I practiced and wound up switching the song we were doing that night. Over at Matt's we watched part of a show, had pie and finally headed off for church.
I sang two songs(duets of course) and helped played guitar for congregational singing. Very busy night. But all went well and as far as I could tell, everybody did GREAT at singspiration!
When we came home the singles, oh excuse me-College and Career class came over for a snac. That was fun!
There was also some amazing news that I received that night... but since everyone knows about it... I'm not gonna tell. But can I say that I was and am still terribly excited?!
Anyway... that was my weekend. Very fun in my opinion.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

That sounds like a very fun filled wekend, the best kind there ever was (or will be).

marnmic said...

LOL. You received some exciting news or you were asked an exciting question? which one....
LOL

Randomanda said...

I need to watch those movies again...Willie is sooo cute!

Daddy's lil girl said...

Beth: I know, it was awesome! =D
Mrs. Knipp: Uh... you're missing the point of the post. I wrote about my weekend.... the part you're talking about took about 30 minutes(with everything)... though I must admit it was the highlight. ;)
Amanda: I know!! He's absolutely adorable! When we have a sleepover we are most definitely watching them. =D