Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tea Party

Last night be good friend Savannah spent the night. We wanted to do something fun, so, we had a tea party with Shar, Alyssa, Ben and Joe. She came over around 4, we watched Monk and then picked up another friend of mine, Bianca. Unfortunately, Bianca had to leave at 6:30, but Savannah stayed and we walked up to Fareway to buy a cake mix, frosting, sour gummy worms, cream savers, popcorn, ice cream and dinner mints. When we came home we backed the cake.

Don't laugh at the hole! Sadly I didn't get a pic of it when it was finished, but we just put chocolate frosting on it. Yum!
While that was baking, we set the table. We didn't have a table cloth so we decided to take all the little napkins we had and just spread them on the table. Then we got a few knick knacks and decorated the table. 'Twas beautiful!



To make this tea party even more fun we dressed up! Alyssa and Sharon dressed up too! We were all so pretty.lol And Joe, being the dear that he is, even put on a suit and a tie to play along.
The pics of the girls and Joe and on Savannah's camera, but here's me and her.

We dressed while the cake was cooling. Then we put on every apron in the house(I had five, I think she had three or four) and finished preparing the food without destroying out dresses. It was just too hot in those dresses, in a hot kitchen to have tea, so we had lemonade. Shar and Alyssa made chocolate covered pretzels.

Man, Savannah's got all the good pics. I'll have to get them from her.lol Anyway.
We had originally planned to have it at midnight, but we were way ahead of schedule(yay!) and had it at 10. Whoot! During the actual dinner Joe and Ben wanted to be waiters. They were so cute, and did a really good job. After they served the food, they sat down to eat with us. We had the cake, water, lemonlade(that's the way I say it), carrots, celery, grapes, the chocolate covered pretzels, and the little mint thingys. We saved the ice cream, popcorn and gummy worms for later in the night. We laughed so much that night! Alyssa and Shar were hilarious.
After eating a lot, Sav and I changed to do the dishes. It really didn't take as long as we thought it would. Hooray for dishwashers!
When the dishes were done, Shar, Alyssa, Sav and I went downstairs and watched Extreme Days! Savannah loved it. Alyssa had seen it before, but it was so hilarious as usual. I fell asleep just cuz I was incredibly beat. I found out this morning that Sharon and Lyssa had thrown food at me when I was sleeping. This didn't surprise me because they've done it before. But since I don't remember it, I didn't mind.lol
It was definitely the most fun tea party I've had in quite a while! I want to do it again. :)

6 comments:

Randomanda said...

Sounds like you had a blast! We so need to have a sleepover next time I come out!

Daddy's lil girl said...

Uh yeah! Michael can't have you the WHOLE time! lol

Janie said...

That sounds like fun, a tea party is just so cool

Me said...

Come check out my new blog for Christian teenage girls!! (your dresses are beautiful) grlsforgod.blogspot.com

crashed yet lived said...

Nothing much to say ,so its good you had fun....Joe has/had my sympathy..
^_^

marnmic said...

Are you ever going to update this blog?